• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fj-500 Help Sought!!!

elsievo

I have a Roland Hi-Fi Jet FJ-500 (cmyk x2 aqueous pigment)

Any time I ask it to print, whether a test from the panel or sending a file from the RIP it shuts down, no error given, the screen just goes dark.

I have inspected the encoder strip, cleaned the encoder reader. It passes the encoder set up and calibration.

It will go through its startup and set up the width of the sheet fine.

Just anything to do with Print and it quits.

I flushed the ink lines and did a couple powerful cleanings yesterday (I printed a job using the one unclogged head yesterday fine). Suggestions????

Marc
ciprint@charter.net

anozira02

Marc, unplug the printer from the wall for 10-15 minutes or so and plug it back in,, it may just reset itself.. if not
you may have main board issue.. also when did you noticed having this problem,, have you
installed any parts prior this problem?

elsievo

I cleaned the lines and installed new ink. It is still Aqueous pigment, just Graftek rather than the Durafos I used before.

The problem became evident after I filled the heads and tried to do a test print.

As it is now it will start up, it will check the paper width (carriage moves when paper setup button is pushed.) Just seems anything to do with print causes it to shutdown.