• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flame Retardant Banner Material -- Printable??

splizaat

Hi Guys....customer came to me needing a HUGE order of Flame Retardant Banner Material that's PRINTABLE. Hopefully thicker than 13oz (anywhere between 15oz - 30oz) and Printable on an XC540 or XJ720....

Since they'll be viewed from so far away, Print QUALITY and DETAIL in the print isn't as much of an issue as flame retardant and thickness.

HAs anyone used or heard of anything that meets these standards??

Matt

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Most banner material has some flame retardancy with it....Typically California Fire Marshall or NYC fire marshall approval ratings.
Bigfish or some of the other material vendors would have better knowledge of it. Ultraflex, Versaidag or even Herculite should have the Fire certs available on their websites for download by printers like us to present to clients.

Ultraflexx now has an 18oz Pole Banner pro or something like that....but still prefer Herculite 18oz for any heavier weight stuff. XC 540 should be able to handle a 54x150ft roll or herculite. Otherwise you can re-roll halfway.

Last edited:

Drip Dry

Roland sold a 16 oz flame retardant. Heavy duty and printed great.
I think it's been discontinued but if you shop around, you may find a vendor that still has some still in stock

splizaat

ya they have to be actual FLAME RETARDANT certified (sound right??) or the racetrack will not allow them along the edge of the track. I won't be responsible for melting down someone's racecar lOL.

So Far the stuff at grimco looks ok...I'll call on price soon.

Anything THICKER by chance?? 20oz? 30oz??