• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flash based website

paul luszcz

Years ago a designer that worked for us designed a pretty simple website using Flash. The designer no longer works for us and is too busy to update this customer's site. The customer wants one page added to his website.

Is anyone willing to do this or know where he can go to get it done?

We'll be glad to supply any of his files that you might need.

He's a nice old guy and I'd like to help him out but have no interest in doing websites. Or learning Flash.

MikeD

Flash is pretty simple; I built my fine art portfolio just by skimming the book. Adobe bought it, and it became even easier; almost WYSIWYG with common code being sort of like a "Graphic Style" that is "drag-n-drop" now. I would say that one way for you to help him out would be to direct him to a local Community College where a student will probably do it for the experience instead of cash.

He would need the original flash document to add the content, republish it, create a safety back-up copy prior to posting the updated site. Are you able / allowed to post the current URL?

Wish I had time to help you out; Flash is actually kind of fun, although I'm not a pro!

Good Luck!
Miked

VL

Flash websites are dying. They do not run on any iPhones or iPads. Steve Jobs basically killed flash. Plus they suck at SEO. You could always try freelancer.com for flash designer experts. But I would build for the future and not for the past. 12 reasons why to not have a flash website: http://www.foliosnap.com/whynotflash.php