Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flash Dryer Recommendations

Discussion in 'Screen Printing' started by Todd-sta, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Todd-sta

Todd-sta Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Lansing, MI
    Hi good people!

Just putting my toe in the water with screen printing with a buddy, and seeing what we think of it before expanding into this area.

Have the most basic of equipment right now - again - just to see if we can 'do it.'

Well, we can... and did... and a simple one-color print was no problem. We have much to learn as we go, but one thing we discovered right off is we need a flash dryer... because the heat-gun supplied is a joke.... (I can hear the laughter now :)

But hey, we're starting from somewhere.

Would like to spend no more than $600 on a flash dryer... and wondered what your recommendations might be.

What considerations are there between 120 and 240 volt units?

Please give me your advice on the pluses and minuses of the different models offered... any special electrical requirements etc.

We basically would like to plug the thing into a 110 outlet and go-to-town.

But I don't want the crappiest one out there.

Conveyor dryers - while a desirable dream - aren't in the picture right now... so we're relegated to small-time operation equipment.

Thanks for your insights. Have a great day.

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
  3. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
  4. trik

trik Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Yuba City, CA
  5. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    Any of the Black Body Flashes are good........I have a 110 volt and it does all I need it to do......

6. Todd-sta

Todd-sta Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Lansing, MI
    Thanks guys - hey, can any of these... plug into a standard 110 outlet?? Thanks.

7. High Octane

High Octane Active Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Fenton, Michigan
    Usually have to be on a dedicated circuit or you will pop breakers like crazy.

8. Todd-sta

Todd-sta Member

Mar 28, 2007
    Lansing, MI
    Thanks H/O.....