• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flash Dryer Recommendations

Todd-sta

Hi good people!

Just putting my toe in the water with screen printing with a buddy, and seeing what we think of it before expanding into this area.

Have the most basic of equipment right now - again - just to see if we can 'do it.'

Well, we can... and did... and a simple one-color print was no problem. We have much to learn as we go, but one thing we discovered right off is we need a flash dryer... because the heat-gun supplied is a joke.... (I can hear the laughter now :)

But hey, we're starting from somewhere.

Would like to spend no more than $600 on a flash dryer... and wondered what your recommendations might be.

What considerations are there between 120 and 240 volt units?

Please give me your advice on the pluses and minuses of the different models offered... any special electrical requirements etc.

We basically would like to plug the thing into a 110 outlet and go-to-town.

But I don't want the crappiest one out there.

Conveyor dryers - while a desirable dream - aren't in the picture right now... so we're relegated to small-time operation equipment.

Thanks for your insights. Have a great day.