• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flat bed printers & coroplastic pricing help please!

sigsignman

So it seems as if every "printer" in town has purchased a flat bed printer to print onto coroplastic. I understand the savings; however, they are now pricing signs, 24" x 48" two sided for $15.00 each, full color printed whether you get one or a hundred. This is cheaper than I can purchase these for from commercial suppliers. Is there that much profit in these signs or am I smart to let them fight for nickles?

cmwpmm

Gotta love election season! That pricing seems pretty low to me too. I get my coroplast fairly cheap, but doing these double sided I could probably output 12-16 per hour. At $15 each, that would be $180-$240 an hour, so yeah, I'd pass on that.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
So it seems as if every "printer" in town has purchased a flat bed printer to print onto coroplastic. I understand the savings; however, they are now pricing signs, 24" x 48" two sided for $15.00 each, full color printed whether you get one or a hundred. This is cheaper than I can purchase these for from commercial suppliers. Is there that much profit in these signs or am I smart to let them fight for nickles?

Let them fight. It's going to take a long, long time to pay for those printers at those rates. The only problem is when you give your price, and they go down the road and can get it for less than half, it makes you look like a crook. I'm not above telling customers that it can be bought cheaper elsewhere, Sometimes they appreciate the honesty enough to give me a shot at a real job on down the road.

CanuckSigns

for 1 piece that is cheaper than I can get them from 4over for. I say let them race to the bottom.

If you want to have some fun, next time someone comes in, tell them you can't touch their price, but make them a fake quote for $12 each and tell them to take it to the other shop and ask them to beat the price.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Try discussing this or getting the admins to move it into the pricing section, which is closed to outsiders and you'll get much better information as well as reasoning behind it.

Andy D

Ridiculously low for one, about right for 100, depending on
the shop.

sigsignman

Try discussing this or getting the admins to move it into the pricing section, which is closed to outsiders and you'll get much better information as well as reasoning behind it.

I don't know that I'm smart enough to move it...lol...but that is a good point. Thank you!

Brandon708

I agree about the pricing some shops are using being ridiculous. It's like they forgot they just bought a Ferrari for their taxi company and giving rides around town cheaper than in their Toyota Camry.