• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flat rigid substrate 6.5' x 14'

signlords

I have a customer who wants a simple flat sign. We quote him on 4' x 10' maxmetal equivelant with full color graphics. He is getting a bid from another shop and said our bid was much better. But claims they also quoted him on a 6.5' x 14' sign simple, flat, rigid substrate. He of course has no idea what size it is, and doesnt believe there are any seems in it, but doesn't want to call them and ask too many questions since he probably isnt using them. Are there any outdoor substrates that large that would not have seems?

fresh

polycarb comes on rolls that big, but its more expensive per sqft than maxmetal. And its floppy, so you'd need a better support structure, no matter how its installed.

AND if its full color, there is going to be a seam in the graphics, because as far as i know, you can't get roll vinyl that wide, either.

2B

they quoted a larger sign that is cheaper?
The material is seamless and rigid?

granted it is not rigid but they could be quoting a banner that is tension mounted. Would appear to be rigid but allow for the seamless surface and size.

ams

Acrylic and Polycarbonate come that large. The aluminum I think maxes at 6' X 10' at least for our supplier.