• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flatbed Application Table help..

DrunknMonk

Hi All, I've been using an application table for a few years now, but with problems, the day it was installed but just put up with it, does anyone else get the problem where vinyl will crease under the application/transfer paper, when rolling it, please see pictures.

Thanks, Gary

Attachments

• IMG_1715.jpg
    IMG_1715.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 466
  • IMG_1714.jpg
    IMG_1714.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 345

ThatGuy

You can probably lower the pressure like already suggested. I know ours will do the from time to time if there is very little vinyl vs backer paper.

I found if I leave a small 1" border of vinyl around the perimeter of the backer, this never happens. The vinyl around the edge also keeps the masking from rolling off the edges also. Win/Win.

DrunknMonk

What kind of table? Is that centred on the table and have you tried reducing pressure?
Hi Its a bubble-free table 6m long, yes it's centred but at the end of the table, when I reduce the pressure it's better but not enough pressure for the tape to work, currently at 1.5 bar/20 psi, if I drop it to 0.5 bar/8 psi its better just, but the tape won't stick to the vinyl, it starts when your in 2 or 3 mtr in, I've tried swopping the app tape roller to the other side and working at the other end of the table, also what BAR/PSI are other people using ?

DrunknMonk

are you all using these in the core for the app tape ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-26 at 16.19.30.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-26 at 16.19.30.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 383

Brandon708

I have a Roll-X table and I tried to use the holder thing they have for the transfer tape and it didn't work very well. I think that may of happened when I tried it too.
What I do is just start the transfer tape as if you were going to do it the old fashion way without a application table then use the application table to finish it.

What I mean is have the applicator roller actually push the transfer tape with the transfer tape roll sitting on the table instead of in the air on that cross bar.

DrunknMonk

By the looks, seems like you have a Rolls Roller and for as long as we have used ours which is over 12 yrs old. It's probably an adjustment on tension like mentioned earlier.
I dont have the cores, the picture was from a rolls roller, I just wondered if I needed them for my bubble free.