• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions flatbed laminator

bigben

So I'm doing my homework about flatbed laminating table.

• Roll-X, the name has been there for a while and I like the feature to adjust the table high.
  • Kala applikator, also great company and I like how the table is slim and we can add length in the future.
  • GFP FT60, economic way to have a flatbed applicator plus the advantage of a regular roll to roll laminator.
What is you opinion on those and should I look into other brands also?

Thanks.

FatCat

Have owned a CWT 1640 for 3 years now. Solid piece of equipment, speeds up production and accuracy, we use it every day. Honestly, my business wouldn't be the same without it now. There are other brands as well, some good some bad - I have no firsthand experience of the 3 you mention, so can't comment directly on those.

We've got the RollsRoller 280/145 and although I love it and have to agree with FatCat that I can't imagine life without it in our shop, I think I would like the CWT much better because there's no overhead arm to get in the way. We bought this one because we got a lightly used demo model and got almost $3000 off.

CanuckSigns

We've got the RollsRoller 280/145 and although I love it and have to agree with FatCat that I can't imagine life without it in our shop, I think I would like the CWT much better because there's no overhead arm to get in the way. We bought this one because we got a lightly used demo model and got almost $3000 off.
We have the same table and I can't say I've ever felt the overhead arm has gotten in the way.

We have the same table and I can't say I've ever felt the overhead arm has gotten in the way.

I just imagine life being that much easier without it, though. In my case, I keep the roll holder attached most times with a roll/rolls of transfer tape loaded on it, so that's one more thing to work around. But overall, it's a great table and I love using it. I laminate prints, mount prints and larger cut vinyl, and mask graphics with it and it definitely saves both time and headaches.

CL Visual

I have the roll-x with adjustable height, backlight, etc. We absolutely love it. It's a nice wide table which I love. When I was trying to decide which to buy, the overhead brace of the rolls-roller put that out of contention. The CWT was a serious consideration. The one thing I hated about it was how hard the roller slammed down on the table. The roll-x happened to check all the boxes for me and it was an incredible investment. Pays for itself in no time at all.