• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flatbed Printer and Cutter Floor Plan

JamesLam

We are looking to install a flatbed printer and a cutter. The goal is to work with a number of rigid substrates.

Please share your floor plans , production layouts, ideas and tips.

GC Decor

Super Printer
As Bruce stated if your planning on only cutting with no router they can be in the same area. Yard signs & cardboard are clean to cut with no debris.
If you’re cutting wood, ACM, acrylic you’ll want your cutter/router in its own room or zoned off area. They are messy to cut and you want your flatbed printer as clean as possible. Firesprint has a tour of their old shop on YouTube - might help .

JamesLam

As Bruce stated if your planning on only cutting with no router they can be in the same area. Yard signs & cardboard are clean to cut with no debris.
If you’re cutting wood, ACM, acrylic you’ll want your cutter/router in its own room or zoned off area. They are messy to cut and you want your flatbed printer as clean as possible. Firesprint has a tour of their old shop on YouTube - might help .
We will definitely will keep the router in a separate area. We work with a lot of mdf and other sheet stock so the router may go in a space adjacent to the cut shop to utilize dust collection that is already in place. The flatbed and inventory will be in another space closed off from the cut shop and router room.

I like the tour idea, I'll check that out.

WinGraphics

Premium Subscriber
Here is my definition of insanity. Yes this is a real shop. This shop is on my own property (i hate landlords). We just installed the Colorado 1650 about 4 months ago. The flatbed cutter has not been a problem being next to the printer. We do not at this time cut wood though. We do lots of dibond and coro. Both cut clean. I'll post some pictures later today. Also, we love our Stratojet printers! All of my equipment is awesome. Reliable, quality prints, high volume. Very happy with everything on our floor.

Russ

Attachments

• wingraphics shop layout colorado.png
    wingraphics shop layout colorado.png
    115.6 KB · Views: 99