• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flatbeds and Fingerprints

10sacer

Was wondering if anyone would find value in a poll requesting what all the flatbed owners are doing about fingerprints and smudges on various board media?

I know the alcohol regimen works for some - and I use it most of the time either as a 50/50 dilute or straight up 99%, but even still, we get fingerprints in prints, so I figured with the holidays approaching and folks generally slowing down - we might get some good participation from the flatbed world with recommendations for what is working in their shops on a variety of media. Also, what you probably shouldn't use on various media would be helpful.

I have read TSP, Windex w/ Vinegar, Alcohol (both Iso and Denatured), Liguid Sandpaper...

Also, for those of you in the flatbed universe that need to - what adhesion promoters are out there that work for you. This is a slanted question as the brand of UV ink and intensity of the UV lamps greatly affect adhesion - but still thought it would be a good subtopic for input.

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Joyous Kwanzaa, Merry Diwali... what else? Don't want to miss anyone....

Sean