• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flatten Transparency in Illy CS4

animenick65

So we upgraded to CS4 here (was using CS up until now). Everything has been great so far until now. We have a few customer designed files given to us in .pdf form. I placed them and tried embedding them, but the fonts weren't converted to outlines and I don't have the font installed. I tried to flatten transparency to lock in the type like I've done hundreds of times in CS4, and when I do it gives me a solid raster image instead of converted text. I have all the settings correct and have done this numerous times in the past. Not just this .pdf, its happening on all of them. Was something changed since CS that no longer gives you text after doing this? Any ideas?

Bill Modzel

Are you sure that your customer actually embedded the fonts and saved it as an editable file? I'm not positive but it's worth asking.