• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flattening Path in Illustrator and Cut Studio

wildhock

Hey guys,

o.k., in the past I have had issues with cutting directly to my roland from Illustrator and the cut path just stopping. I have resolved that by utilizing the Roland Cut Studio software and plotting out of Illustrator.

Now, I still have a problem with it cutting the same path multiple times. I have tried flattening the image but there is still multiple paths.....Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jon

Bill Modzel

How I deal with hidden paths is this. Take the selection arrow with the + sign. Click once on the path, hold the shift key and drag across the same path which will deselect the top path and select all the hidden paths. Hit delete.
Often when you have a compound shape and can't get the inner shape to knock out clear, it's because of a hidden path.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
blondie.gif
Here is a link to a JavaScript that will take care of that most of the time.

Also attached here is a plugin called Select which will add a number of selection capabilities to your Illustrator Select menu including the ability to select unfilled paths and open paths. Between the two, it should solve your problem.

Attachments

• Select CS.zip
    28.4 KB · Views: 101

Noni120

Thanks!

Fred:
I just downloaded your Illustrator Plugin for Selections. I haven't tried it yet but it looks fantastic!!!
Just wanted to thank you.
BTW, I hear Wisconsin is beautiful-much like my home-Saskatchewan! :D

SIGNTIME

just make sure everything is ungrouped then if you think there may be a path on top of another click it and delete until it is gone then undo once