Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fleet Pricing

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc.' started by SignWorksOfOregon, Jan 17, 2011.

1. SignWorksOfOregon

SignWorksOfOregon New Member

Dec 10, 2010
    We are working on some fleet pricing for a customer of ours we have done 1 full wrap on. We have done many vehicle graphics jobs including a couple for certain customers, but not really any fleet projects yet. The customer seems very interested in doing his whole fleet, which includes 3 cargo vans and 3 box trucks. He is holding back a bit as money is an issue as it is for a lot of people these days. My questions is does anybody have advice on pricing for a small fleet of vehicles? And if so what methods for helping to ensure the customer goes through with the whole fleet at discounted pricing?

Tags:
  2. Red Ball

Red Ball Very Active Member

Aug 20, 2008
    IRVING, TEXAS
    Welcome from the Kingdom of Texas!

If doing one vehicle is worth a certain amount, that is what we charge.
    Not unless we can hire a person to work at a single project from now until eternity do we get to willing to provide a discount.

3. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    We've been doing an ongoing fleet... around 17 vehicles so far and more to come.

We charge the same sf pricing on each one of the vehicles - the only difference in price is the difference in vehicle sizing.

I don't give out that kind of pricing in the open forum, but I will say that we are still probably above market.

4. Si Allen

Si Allen Very Active Member

Jul 17, 2004
    In your case, regular price on the 1st five and a discount on the last one!

5. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    :goodpost:This is the only way i can see to guarantee they do all 6 trucks

6. SignWorksOfOregon

SignWorksOfOregon New Member

Dec 10, 2010
    Some great advice so far, thanks everyone!

@Bigdawg: So you are charging the same SF pricing for those vehicles as you would if you were just pricing a single vehicle?

@Si Allen: That is a great idea!

7. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    in regards to fleet pricing, if you are asking if there's a price break between 1, 5, 100 vehicles... the answer is: YES!

if doing multiple vehicles of the same make/model, you should only be giving them a price break on design/setup... which adds up over multiple vehicles.
    if you think you should discount on the install because they get easier as the vehicles keep rolling in... I don't think you should get paid less for getting better at your job.