• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fleet Pricing

SignWorksOfOregon

We are working on some fleet pricing for a customer of ours we have done 1 full wrap on. We have done many vehicle graphics jobs including a couple for certain customers, but not really any fleet projects yet. The customer seems very interested in doing his whole fleet, which includes 3 cargo vans and 3 box trucks. He is holding back a bit as money is an issue as it is for a lot of people these days. My questions is does anybody have advice on pricing for a small fleet of vehicles? And if so what methods for helping to ensure the customer goes through with the whole fleet at discounted pricing?

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Welcome from the Kingdom of Texas!

If doing one vehicle is worth a certain amount, that is what we charge.
Not unless we can hire a person to work at a single project from now until eternity do we get to willing to provide a discount.

Bigdawg

Just Me
We've been doing an ongoing fleet... around 17 vehicles so far and more to come.

We charge the same sf pricing on each one of the vehicles - the only difference in price is the difference in vehicle sizing.

I don't give out that kind of pricing in the open forum, but I will say that we are still probably above market.

SignWorksOfOregon

Some great advice so far, thanks everyone!

@Bigdawg: So you are charging the same SF pricing for those vehicles as you would if you were just pricing a single vehicle?

@Si Allen: That is a great idea!

MikePro

in regards to fleet pricing, if you are asking if there's a price break between 1, 5, 100 vehicles... the answer is: YES!

if doing multiple vehicles of the same make/model, you should only be giving them a price break on design/setup... which adds up over multiple vehicles.
if you think you should discount on the install because they get easier as the vehicles keep rolling in... I don't think you should get paid less for getting better at your job.