• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fletcher FSC or Kleencut 250

Gary Wiant

I'm In the market for a Substraight cuter and was initially looking for a step shear but we really don't have room for it. So now we are thinking of either the fletcher FSC or the Kleencut 250. We are wanting this mainly for .040 aluminum, DiBond and PVC sheeting. I have looked on here for reviews but they were from around 2010 so I'm figuring technology is a bit more advanced since then. Any recent experience is appreciated.

Thanks

solock

WE've just installed ( a month ago)a steeltrak 250 and love the machine.
Straight, solidly built and capable of doing all the products you mentioned with ease.

Added the v groove for a few odd jobs and the double wheel metal cutter and all is good.

We have a older fletcher in our frame shop business for 20 years and it is still going well, a little worn maybe but the steeltrak is in another class with build quality and servicability.

THe ability to do 8' verticals really helps with handling the products that we regularly use.

ExecuPrintGS

we got a FSC when we got our new flatbed printer in. It cuts coroplast like a dream... but dibond, the attachment for cutting that and aluminum bends the dibond so if we precut the boards they no longer lay flat. Its kind of a pain in the ***.
Over all its a nice little machine and its speed up production on yard signs, but thats all i use it for day to day. I was hoping it would eliminate cutting dibond on the panel saw and making a mess but that just didn't happen.

Gary Wiant

Thanks for the reply & yes I saw that on the videos I watched but they were just cutting strips off of sheets so I wasn't sure if the DiBond and aluminum would be bent if you were cutting larger pieces but I guess it does.

Thanks again, leaning towards the KleenCut Steeltrak 250