• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flex face help Please!

sigsignman

I have had two different faces wonder into my shop in the past week and I don't have the solution nor can I find it anywhere thus far. These faces have an aluminum channel around the permimeter where the face is pulled taught - pushed into the groove and stapled in place. It is finished by a vinyl molding inserted into the groove as well.

It is a very nice set-up but for the life of me do not have a source for (a) the staple gun that penetrates the aluminum and (b) the replacement vinyl track.

Does anyone have a weblink of whos system this is

I greatly appreciate your support

thanks!

David

Attachments

• DSC03248.jpg
    DSC03248.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC03250-1.jpg
    DSC03250-1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC03252.jpg
    DSC03252.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 127
Last edited by a moderator:

SAS

How big are the faces? They look small in the picture I would go back with a pan face.

sigsignman

Thanks for the quick replys guys!...sorry if I stepped on anyones feet with the "Offsite Photos"...which I still don't know what that means. With my first post I fumbled for sometime just getting that done....lol

Wes Phifer

You can just buy any air staple gun and grind the lip down to fit into the channel. It doesn't take as much as you might think. The rubber is available from Milliken and I think Sign Comp. It takes an air hammer to get it into the grove. Well to do it quickly any way. They are kind of hard to find but again Milliken will have them.

Mosh

Rivet it with large head rivets. As long as you pull the face over the top extrusion there will be no ripple effect. Then srew on a faux retainer over the rivets. Cheaper than a $500 staple gun you will use once.

Mosh

Those will NOT work. Those are for DIYers watching too much flip this house....That is like buying a circut and saying you are a vinyl cutter silly!

Ah, crap I don't know you, go ahead and try it. We love having people to laugh at on here......

sigsignman

After everyone pointed me in the right direction, I ended up taking it to a friend who is in the awning business..he has the stapler, did all the work for 90 bucks a face and I can wipe my hands clean and just letter it. Thanks for the advise!