Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flex FAce Quality

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by TommyFastLane, Aug 12, 2010.

1. TommyFastLane

TommyFastLane Member

Jun 29, 2010
    I have found a website that will digital print me Flexface for an outdoor backlit sign for $2.95 a square foot shipped at 300 dpi. That seemed to be a good price but i was told by someone that it wouldnt last a year. How can I know Im getting the best quality product?

Tags:
  2. SouthTexSignGuy

SouthTexSignGuy New Member

Feb 17, 2010
    For a backlit sign we spec the 20 oz. material when ordering & make sure it is printed on both sides to obtain the correct colors when lighted at night. Also make sure to have it laminated as well. Make sure to ask plenty of questions because some will try to sell you the 14 oz. material which is pretty thin stuff. By the way Hello from South Texas.

3. TommyFastLane

TommyFastLane Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Hey! Thanks for the input! I heard from a friend who says the best quality printed flexface wont last 5 years. Should I have the graphic printed on clear vinyl laminate it and then apply the vinyl to the flex face or like you said, have them print on both sides?

By the way, Im originally from Houston. I moved to Central Louisiana in 2002. I love it here. with four kids, Houston is not the best place for us, in my opinion. All my faminly as well as my wife's family is still in Houston. Lots of business there though.

4. TommyFastLane

TommyFastLane Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Should I have the graphic printed on clear vinyl laminate it and then apply the vinyl to the flex face or like you said, have them print on both sides?