• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flex face sign replacement

rfsign

Need help. Anyone experienced with replacing a face with this system? What do I need to do? Picture attached.

Attachments

• IMAG0388.jpg
    IMAG0388.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 245

J Hill Designs

there will most likely be some sort of tensioning system (ratchets, etc) within the swinging frame...tools needed depends on the manufacturer of the system

rfsign

Have you ever seen one like this? Trying to figure out who manufactured it so I can get some direction.

Randy101

Looks like a custom made sign cabinet. Do you have any pics of what is holding the flex face from the front.

rfsign

here is a picture. Not the best picture but a picture.

Attachments

• IMAG0390.jpg
    IMAG0390.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 168

phototec

Need help. Anyone experienced with replacing a face with this system? What do I need to do? Picture attached.

I just completed my first Flex face sign replacement, it was a real b**ch, some have clips and or other mechanical tensioning systems, to pull the flex material tight on the frame. However, the one I worked on did not have anything like that, the old 3M PanaFlex face was pulled tight and stapled on the aluminum frame, it was a real challenge to replace the flex face for me. I was given lots of help from folks at Signs101, see this link, some of the tips may help?

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78919

:thumb:

rfsign

Figured it out for anyone who cares or runs into this in the future. I drilled out the rivets on the retainer and found that the flex material was screwed into the inner (square tube steel) frame with a lot of screws. No tensioning system. Thanks for your suggestions.