• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FlexCut Limitation FYI

garisimo

Just got a DC4sx and have been pretty happy with the printer; we do a lot of labels and small signs, so it fits well. Recently I tried to print/cut a job of 20-up labels (5 across, 4 down) with lines in between each label set to the color Flexcut. I made the labels butt up against each other in Illustrator, and used a long line for the Flexcut (instead of using a box around each label, which would have made the DC4 cut some lines twice). The job printed fine, but when it proceeded to cut the job, it went over each line twice -- cutting completely through the substrate and making ribbons out of the media! I called Summa Tech Support, who confirmed the issue, stating that the machine didn't like an open ended vector, and was attempting to 'close' the line by going back over it... our workaround was to only Flexcut the perimeter of the 20-up and then cut the labels down on the industrial cutter. Hope this saves someone else some head scratchin!

Last edited:

BobbyFosson

Excellent post and thank you for the detailed account. Hopefully Summa solves the issue soon to make your process a bit easier.

evanfoss

hehe, we had the same issue and it about made me quit. Summa was no help, but I found that the issue was primarily from Illustrator. If I set my Flexcut stroke to .1 that solved the issue. Hope that helps