• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FLEXCUTTING IN FLEXI ASAP

SameDay Signs

Am in depserate need of help, I currently have 10k stickers to do by tuesday they are printed ready to go but cannot get Flexi to flexi cut the shapes out...they are oval for the most part....I am using a Summa s2 d140 plotter and whenever i change setting it isnt cutting it deep enough...though once in a blue moon i will send just a few stickers and it will randonly work. I have put a new blade in....ANY SETTING HELP WOULD BE APPRECAITED...hell ill throw you a few bucks if thats what it takes

please let me know asap
thanks

TraderLink

Merchant Member
The force can be set in the software "or" in the cutter. If it is set to use the software's setting, it won't help adjusting the cutter... and vice versa.

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Good morning,

I would agree with SignQuest that Flexi is likely overriding the settings you have assigned on your cutter which could explain why the cutter isn't cutting deep enough. I would check that first and make the adjustment to use device values if you can. If that doesn't work I would go in and check your various flex cut parameters to make sure they are set up optimally. I have attached a flex cut setup guide to this message that I hope will be helpful.

Feel free to PM me here on the site or send me an email to philj@airmark.com if I can help out at all.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

Attachments

• FLEXCUT SETUP.pdf
    132.9 KB · Views: 229

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Set the Cut in flexi to NONE and use the cutter settings.
Double click on cut line color, there you will see the settings for cutting.
Drop Down Box will show: None, Fast, Slow ect .ect. click on None then Apply.

SameDay Signs

So i have it figured out and it works great on my cheap arlon 3.2 mil stuff the issue i had was i wanted to do a bunch of decals on 6 mil material no lam but pretty thick stuff....i dont think the cutter itself can honestly perf cut that thick as ive had force and all the good stuff all the way up .. ow well thank you for the replies though i am running settings through flexi as it is easier for me then running off cutter

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Fantastic News that you figured it out.
You should demo a Graphtec for cutting that many Decals if you want to keep up. I'm currently running three printers and two Graphtec cutters a 130 and a 160. I print 15 100ft rolls of General Formulations 220-54 6 mil gloss per week which produce 2000+ decals per roll all different shapes and sizes. I set up cut characteristics in Flexi (straight, perf, kiss) the pressures I set on the cutter and its flawless no Matter if it's a 2"x3", 4"×6" or 12x24. I'm just saying these machines are work horses.

geNe36

Just Sharing
There are two settings to note when dealing with thick materials.
TurboCut: Default it is ON.. but when dealing with thick materials, this mode will not work very well.
Length Calibration: If your cutting is misaligned, take note of this setting when dealing with thick materials. When material is thick, distance traveled by the roller will be different. Just take note.