• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 10.5 Extremely slow with some files but not others?

Nat

Right now I'm Trying to put a contour Cut on a file that is less than 400kb but yet
I could go fix a cup of coffee and drink it and it might be done when I get back to it.
In General Flexi is fast But Every now and then I get one that No matter how I approach it. It will just Hang there !!! Then Eventually it will get done.
Is there something I can do To improve this Lag.

Thank You
Nat

Steph_Stamm

Hi Nat - Sorry to hear that some files are giving you issues! I'm not sure what might be the cause, but our tech support team may be able to help. Live phone support is only available for current users, but free email and voice mail support is available at 800.229.9044 or esupport@thinksai.com

My opinion is you are using a vector file that probably has a lot more nodes on the lines then it needs. My suggestion would be to simplify your linework. Basically the contour takes forever because you have so many nodes that it is checking to put the contour around. You could simplify the artwork two ways.

Simplify the line work as I said before.

or

You could rasterize the artwork first at a high dpi and then make the outside white transparent and do a contour cut from that. It will be much faster.

Also if you create like 100 stickers and try to do contour on all at same time it will be much slower then creating it on one and then copying it.