Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flexi 10.5 printing wireframe as thick line

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Jesse_gvi, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Jesse_gvi

Jesse_gvi Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    I usually print a wireframe if an object is white so I know where to trim to (for magnets, banners, etc.). Now I can't seem to print wireframe without it printing the line about an inch thick. Making the box transparent and adding a .010 stroke fixes it, but still, that's weird. A couple days ago I noticed a 1/4" stroke printing at 1/2", so I had to convert to paths. This was while printing at 100%. So I guess all of this was fixable, but it would be nice to print what is expected.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Can you email me the file Jesse_gvi? I have not run into this issue to date.

Also, include your key number and build number of Flexi.

3. jayhawksigns

jayhawksigns Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Kansas
    I have seen it too, but my line wasn't that big. My line was more like 1/16"-1/8". I haven't tried contacting SAi yet though.

4. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Exact version number & build numbers please

5. Jesse_gvi

Jesse_gvi Member

Sep 26, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    FlexiSIGN-PRO 10.5.1, Build 1806

I have also noticed recently (since upgrading from Pentium D, WinXP to a new i7 computer and Win 7 64bit) that my wireframes were about 1/16" instead of hairline. I just chalked it up to the new setup. This giant line was just today though.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  6. jayhawksigns

jayhawksigns Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2005
    Kansas
    FlexiSIGN-PRO 10.5.1 PDF Build 1806

7. thewood

thewood Very Active Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Tennessee
    Have you checked to see if there is a stroke on the object? Sometimes, if a stroke has not been converted to outlines it will not be visible on the screen. Try clearing all strokes, or Select All>Arrange>Convert Stroke to Outlines.