• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 10 problems running on Windows 7 Pro

meltsner

I have more problems as well running Flexi Pro 10.0.1 on Win 7 Pro 64bit. I just recently upgraded from XP, and now the Flexi security dongle will randomly connect & disconnect (like when plugging it in), up to about every second or two, and once started will keep on until I unplug it. One day it may do fine all day, the next day maybe not. BUT when I plug it into my old machine (running XP, and it is networked to this Win 7 computer) it will do fine.

The second issue I have, is Production Manager will just randomly stop ripping files. It gives a "wrong data format" error before even ripping. It does not matter what file type it is, or whether I drop the file into PM or send from Flexi (Rip/Print). I can unplug the security dongle, start and restart the computer, but it may or may not fix it. I have to wait until it's ready to work. It happens about half the time now - not very productive.

Just curious if anyone else has these issues. Do I have a bad dongle or is it a Win 7 issue? And what's up with PM? I didn't have these problems on XP. (or at least as bad - Flexi's been a problem since day one!!)

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
First update the USB hardware key driver from this link. It will install the latest version from the hardware key manufacturer's site. Secondly if you are on version 10.0.1 there are updates to make the software more stable. The most stable version with the Rip Engine you are currently using is 10.0.4 or there is an updated rip engine in version 10.5.1. You can download both installers from our website by clicking on the version #s. You may need a newer password to install 10.5.1, you should be able to get it from your dealer or just let me know your hardware key # and I should be able to look it up.

Finally a lot of antivirus software affect Flexi. We have had problems with Avast, CA and AVG recently and removing them and installing Microsoft Security Essentials fixed the issues.

Snydo

as far as the "wrong data format", I have seen it before but not sure what I did to get around it. Most likely rebooted system.
Also I have a couple of files(out of many thousands) that refuse to rip using my standard profile that I use every day, switch it to a different similiar profile and they RIP fine. Best of luck.

meltsner

Thanks both for your time, Chris I did both updates (Sentinel driver and Flexi to 10.0.4) and no joy. I've spent the last two or so hours restarting my computer (about 8 times now), switching the dongle to the other computer, trying different files (bitmap versus simple vectors), different print profiles, and every time it is "Wrong data format". I was incorrect in my first post, it DOES rip, but does not print. I'm stuck, going to have to try restarting some more and again tomorrow.

edit - I can plot from Production Manger to my Graphtec.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
What antivirus are you using on your computer? I have seen this cause issues similar to the ones that you are describing.

meltsner

A fairly new system, so no antivirus running right now (demo is even 'sleeping'). I normally use AVG. I turned off Windows Defender temporarily and didn't make any difference.

I just now got it to finally print, by "duplicating" the printer setup in PM. Very same settings on both, but the first (original) will give the error, and now the new copied setup prints just fine. ?? As for now, I guess it's doing fine, I will see what happens down the road......at least I have a printer now!
Thanks.