• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 10 realworld users

Gene@mpls

I have used Flexi pro since V4 I think and I love it and it has made me
a lot of money. I now use a couple of seats of 7.6 to design and Vworks
to rip and have thought of one seat of Designer 10. I am interested in
the transparency features of V10- would anyone give their thoughts on
that. I kinda think that would be the only feature that would benefit me
to any extent- I would guess some of the quirks of v7.6 have been solved
but I have lived with them so long that I might miss them:frustrated:.
Thanks Gene

I guess that I wonder if vector path editing has been improved also

AUTO-FX

Path editing hasnt changed.
I continue to have some issues importing certain file formats.
The transparent drop shadow feature is not all that great, but it is there if you really have to have it. Results with transparent stuff are MUCH better handled in photoshop.
I personally enjoyed the upgrade from 7.6 to 8.6 more than 10.When I first installed 10 it seemed to be a resource hog. Processing speed decreased when i went to 10, although the 10 patch helped, but I may still revert to 8.6

Drip Dry

I have the same problem that you have. I have a couple of seats of Ver 8.
I upgraded one of them and found out I couldn't share the new files with the older version. I need to export it to the lower version to be able to use it. I can't imagine remembering to do that every time. So, if I use Ver10, I may as well throw away the other keys.
I don't know about transparency, but in looking at Ver10, I didn't see anything new that would want me to spend any more money on upgrades.

One thing I can recommend is to upgrade from ver7 to ver8. I resisted for a couple of years but it was a great upgrade. I can't remember the particulars, but it had some new features that I liked. I'm not sure if you can even upgrade from 7 to 8 anymore but I think it would be less expensive besides

Jesse_gvi

We switched from 7.6 to 10 and are experiencing a big decrease in speed and some crashes on our older station, even though it is above the "recommended requirements". I notice it on mine too, even though this comp's relatively new. Both are XP.

I am able to save when it crashes, so that's a plus.

Anybody have an idea of actual recommended specs instead of the Flexi provided specs, which seem to be minimum instead of recommended?

Gene@mpls

Thanks Bobby- I will give it a try this weekend and try to determine if it
will work out for us. Gene

Edserv

JUST purchased Flexi 10, so the results aren't in yet. But in the last 2 days, my designers are happy so far (and they're both Adobe experts.)
We purchased 10 to give us a second production station to prevent bottleneck. With all the crazy files your (our) clients send, it seems the choice of stations is more production oriented than "feature/benefits" stuff. Of course I could be wrong.

Gene@mpls

I had forgotten that I posted this 2 years ago but found it while searching
for another post. I have still not upgraded but am still concidering one seat
of Flexi Designer. Would anyone else care to comment? I don't really care
about the Flexi hate group- I have made a *lot* of money with Flexi and
believe in it 100%. Thanks Gene

Wheeler

Poll size

If you do get it let me know if you can get the versacamm to poll size, I have 8.1 but it won't let the versacamm poll size, so I just use it on the old cutter. Windows 7 64 bit might be my problem.

Gene@mpls

I don't (and never have) use flexi as a rip. I use and like VersaWorks.
I am quite sure it would work with the VersaCam- your problem is that
that version of Flexi was written before the VP was built.