Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flexi 10 starter and .eps files from inkscape problem

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by vick, Apr 14, 2013.

1. vick

vick New Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Hi all. I used to use the Roland Cut Studio software around the store (basic truck lettering for contractors and race cars), and just purchased a copy of flexi 10 starter to use with my new laptop.

I'm having trouble "vectorizing" jpg files. What I tried to do is open them in inkscape, trace a bitmap, and save as an .eps file. That all went "ok", but not as cleanly as in the videos I saw for flexi pro.

The problem is when I try to import these .eps files into flexi starter, I get an error that states "This is not an adobe file" and the file will not open.

Any thoughts or suggestions? I'm not looking to spend a ton of money on software, but recognize that I may need to purchase an old version of Adobe Illustrator or Corel X5.

Thanks,
    Vick

Tags: