• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 11 Takes 6+ Seconds to Activate Typing Tool Each Time

VIP

I have Flexi 11 installed on two computers with the identical font libraries (3701 fonts) managed with Suitcase Fusion 7. One of the computers loads the typing tool or the font attribute panel instantly, and the other computer takes 6+ seconds. I don't know what I did, but, three months ago, the latter was able to load instantly for two straight days, and then became slow to this date. The former (faster) is an older computer with Intel i7-4960x, and the latter was built a few months ago with Intel i7-6700K. Both have 32GB of RAM.

Any ideas?

ThatGuy

Have you checked to see if someone may have permanently activated all the fonts in suitcase fusion on the slow computer? Or if suitcase fusion is up to date?

VIP

Suitcase Fusion is the latest version. I have been using SF for a few years. I use both computers exclusively, and I have only activated 3141 fonts, in addition to the 560 shipped with Windows 10.
Oh, I should have added that the 3701 fonts I mentioned above were the ones activated in total, including the system fonts. The libraries are much larger. Nevertheless, both computers have the identical font libraries.