• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 12 Build 2898 - Update to Production Manager randomly closing.

bannertime

Hadn't seen anyone post on this since it happened. So right before Flexi 19 came out, SAI released Flexi 12 sp5 2898 which offered new features. There were issues with PM randomly closing, even in the middle of a job. Apparently this issue was limited to users with HP Latex machines. Now there is a patch that is available by calling into Tech Support. I've only been using it for a day, but I've not had any issues. Last time I attempted it, we were getting bugs every hour or so.

I was using SP3, upgraded to SP5, downgraded to SP4 and had been using it since. Hadn't really had any issues until yesterday when my custom spot color mappings disappeared in the middle of making adjustments. I've noticed them disappear before, but it wasn't a problem because it'd happen after I completed a job. Yesterday it happened while I was making fine adjustments to the colors. Lost about 30 minutes worth of color matching settings. So far, this doesn't appear to be an issue in the patched 2898.

I'm still hesitant to update to Flexi 19. Until then, Flexi 12 sp5 seems to be pretty stable. Tech Support did say "they tracked down users that had issues with Flexi 19 and they were all using an earlier build and needed to update." So if you're having issues with Flexi 19, you may need to update. Not sure of the current build for it.