• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 12 changes colors in files

RG

I don't know if this is a Flexi problem, a CorelDRAW problem, or a me problem. Maybe some one here can help fix the problem. My best customer sends me Corel files to print. So, I have to open the file in Corel 19 and export it as a PDF file so that Flexi 12 can work with it. For example, today I opened a Corel file and noted that the red color in it is CMYK (10,100,100,0) and exported it as a PDF file. When I opened it in Flexi, the red was changed to a LAB color, not the CMYK that it is suppose to be. This happens with other colors as well. It never happened in the 6 years that I used Flexi 11. Am I missing a setting in Flexi or Corel? Any suggestions are appreciated.

RG

Yes, in PDF Settings/Color, I have "Use document color settings" and "Output Colors as: RGB". The embeded color profile is sRGB. I try to print all vectors as RGB and Pantone Spot colors. I never use LAB colors and the guy sending me the Corel files doesn't use LAB colors either.

jimdtg

Can problem be from Output Colors as: RGB". The embeded color profile is sRGB? You can try to export file as .Ai and import with your Flexi to see how it will be.

RG

I did try exporting the file as an Ai file. Flexi couldn't handle it. It looked like it opened it, but it was invisible. Then I exported it as an EPS file and that worked perfectly, all colors were as they should be. Guess I'll use EPS form now on. Thanks jimdtg for your input.

rdelight

Vehicle Wraps
Hi there, I also have a problem with the colors in Flexi, I design in Illustrator in RGB/GPU preview and my white is [HASHTAG]#ffffff[/HASHTAG] but when I import it to flexi it gives it slight blue/gray-ish tint and I didn't notice at first but when I printed the file all the white had ink dots in it and it was a little off white? How can I fix this leave the white as is?

karst41

I run everything that is not a photo in cmyk.

When I select or sample (eye dropper) it will say
RGB Lab or CMYK.
If it does not say CMYK then I simply select cmyk
and thats it

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I don't know if this is a Flexi problem, a CorelDRAW problem, or a me problem. Maybe some one here can help fix the problem. My best customer sends me Corel files to print. So, I have to open the file in Corel 19 and export it as a PDF file so that Flexi 12 can work with it. For example, today I opened a Corel file and noted that the red color in it is CMYK (10,100,100,0) and exported it as a PDF file. When I opened it in Flexi, the red was changed to a LAB color, not the CMYK that it is suppose to be. This happens with other colors as well. It never happened in the 6 years that I used Flexi 11. Am I missing a setting in Flexi or Corel? Any suggestions are appreciated.
I had the same issue recently. On Flexi color mixer, if you switch it to RGB it will change the colors.