• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 12 (cloud) will not cut compounded shapes like Flexi 8.6

Chip2d2

Hi All,

I recently bought the latest version of VE Flexi and discovered it does not cut compound shapes the same as VE Flexi 8.6.

For example, If I was cutting a large compounded shape (like an 8' tall letter "O"), Flexi 8.6 would not cut a horizontal line across the whole width of the shape. The only horizontal cut would be where the
"O" on the panels would overlap.

Flexi 12 cuts all compound shapes like normal shapes - it makes multiple passes horizontally across the total width of both shapes instead of leaving the center uncut.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Chip2d2

signguypgh

We weld object before cutting, either right inside flexi cloud or illustrator first. Worked just fine, did one today. Any kind of strange behavior I like to call SAI, they usually have somebody on the phone < 5 minutes answering my question with a live session support agent.

I've been around design software for 15+ years but still hit a wall in flexi every now and then. Still, I reason that sometimes it's ok to be the (respectful) ignorant fool getting a little help from support. :smile:

Matthew Scher

cut page crossings

If you go to cut/plot then to last tab you will see a checkbox called "cut page crossings" just turn this off and the extra lines will not cut.