• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 12 keep crashing

willkho

Hi all,
I've been running win 7 with Flexi 12 for 3 years.
This morning, I updated win 7 to win 10 and flexi keep crashing after that.
Wondering anyone has that problem? Any patch or update that i need to install?

Thanks

netsol

without looking into it, remove the update?
you have 30 days to revert to old operating system

you should probably read some of the articles about running windows 7 in compatability mode, disabling driver certificate signing, etc

if you have work waiting to turn out, revert to old OS seems to be the best bet

you don't say whether you have install media, for flexi & windows 7, this is info you need to plan a way back from your current situation

Dale D

Flexi 12 is perfect for win 10. I can do for you.
Even the New Flexi 22 crashes on me. Yes, granted the new 64 bit is nice, but I usually have support/ Teamviewer in my PC every 2 weeks. Im actually looking for an alternative now. A few times, Flexi support told me they dont know what to do as they didnt see these issues being fixed. It was almost like they were so big they didnt care no more.

Dale D

Check your memory
Its not memory, techs and I tried that. memory made no difference. Even upgraded to brand new 2x32 sticks on my i7... same issue.
Flexi has issues with large amounts of vector nodes and also issues with gradients from Adobe and Serif programs. Tech thinks its how software is written. Told me he sent it to development team but it doesnt seem to be of interest.

Last edited:

netsol

when is it crashing?
what are you doing? what is the trigger event?

do you want to just revert to flexi 12 on windows 7? or clean install (windows 10, CREATE RESTORE POINTS, install new flexi. if it doesn't perform properly, use restore point then install flexi 12

i asume you have work to turn out...

sai tech support can't take you through a flesh install. beyond their scope

first make sure you have installation files

Dale D

I did a clean windows install back in November, and it did not help. Tech said it was Flexi was having issue with amounts of nodes (even though its a vector program) He said for average amounts of nodes,(prints smaller than 3-4ft) it works fine. Its when I go full size wrap graphics for wraps on vehicles it crashes. (Yet I can run 3d scan/ CAD programs that have more than 3 million nodes/markers with no problem on the same pc without crashing)

Flexi also crashes 90% of the time it opens any gradients from Affinity Design/Photo. Tech said he sent report to development team, but nothing has been fixed yet.

I also have issue when sending to Versaworks. If I use the built in button and send at 300dpi or higher to Versaworks, it says it is corrupt. 150dpi or less it works. I removed AVG, ran as Admin, cleared temp folders, to no avail. Ironically, I can drop it in a folder, open file in Versaworks and it works FINE. Its ONLY when Flexi sends to Versaworks.

Im no longer impressed with Flexi's quality or value

javed mansha

actually i have got flexi 2022 which is working perfectly with win 10 and win 11.
if you wish me to install on your machine, i may need access to it via team viewer or anydesk.com
it will cost you £99 for lifetime activation, same fee which i have paid.
thanks
hy sir we need flexi software