Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Flexi 12 Losing connection to printer after sucessful print.

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Rat_Fink, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Rat_Fink

Rat_Fink Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Mishawaka, IN
    I just updated my printer, computer & Flexi.
    Running Flexi 12 and Windows 10 - printing with a Mutoh 1624x. The printer is a direct connection - Not going trough the router..

My old system was Flexi 10.5, Windows 8 & Mutoh 1324.
    Never had this problem with the old setup.

I'm having a problem with Flexi.
    After successfully printing a job, I go to print another and it appears that the printer loses connection with Production Manager.
    If I close PM and try to print again, it re-establishes a connection and lets me print again.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? I do have a message to a tech, but not sure how long it will take for them to get back with me.

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    What version of Flexi? Flexi 12 Build Version ####?

3. Rat_Fink

Rat_Fink Member

Sep 5, 2003
    Mishawaka, IN
    Flexi Sign & Print Version 12 - sp5p4 build number 2898

4. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    I do know there were some issues with that build. With HP machines it'd force close randomly, including in the middle of a print. Had to call in and get a patch. I was able to call and speak to someone pretty quickly. But that may have been after I talked over email. I'm wondering if it's something similar.

5. chrisphilipps

chrisphilipps Merchant Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Wharton, NJ
    Turn off any running firewalls on the computer and try it again. If that fixes it then you will have to create an exception in the firewall for Flexi.

6. MMMuller

MMMuller New Member

Oct 23, 2019
    Delta, Annacis Island
    Have the same thing with my Roland Versa Works and VP-540, seems to work well with no issues if I send my file over as a jpeg.

7. CDM Design

CDM Design Member

Sep 18, 2017
    Toronto
    I run Flexi 12 with my HP Print and Cut Solution. I have had a few hiccups in the past where a print would stop mid project and Felxi also shuts down after some prints and I have to re launch PM for the next job. I constantly try to ensure the firmware on the printer is up to date and any software updates for Flexi are up to date. Computer is set to never sleep. Haven't had an issue for a while, but there is nothing worse then running large print and have it shut down mid print :(. Adjusting Firewall restrictions sounds like a good idea, but I am no pc tech and not quite sure how I would approach this...