• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Flexi 12 Losing connection to printer after sucessful print.

Rat_Fink

I just updated my printer, computer & Flexi.
Running Flexi 12 and Windows 10 - printing with a Mutoh 1624x. The printer is a direct connection - Not going trough the router..

My old system was Flexi 10.5, Windows 8 & Mutoh 1324.
Never had this problem with the old setup.

I'm having a problem with Flexi.
After successfully printing a job, I go to print another and it appears that the printer loses connection with Production Manager.
If I close PM and try to print again, it re-establishes a connection and lets me print again.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? I do have a message to a tech, but not sure how long it will take for them to get back with me.

Thanks!

bannertime

I do know there were some issues with that build. With HP machines it'd force close randomly, including in the middle of a print. Had to call in and get a patch. I was able to call and speak to someone pretty quickly. But that may have been after I talked over email. I'm wondering if it's something similar.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
Turn off any running firewalls on the computer and try it again. If that fixes it then you will have to create an exception in the firewall for Flexi.

MMMuller

I just updated my printer, computer & Flexi.
Running Flexi 12 and Windows 10 - printing with a Mutoh 1624x. The printer is a direct connection - Not going trough the router..

My old system was Flexi 10.5, Windows 8 & Mutoh 1324.
Never had this problem with the old setup.

I'm having a problem with Flexi.
After successfully printing a job, I go to print another and it appears that the printer loses connection with Production Manager.
If I close PM and try to print again, it re-establishes a connection and lets me print again.

Has anyone else had a problem like this? I do have a message to a tech, but not sure how long it will take for them to get back with me.

Thanks!
Have the same thing with my Roland Versa Works and VP-540, seems to work well with no issues if I send my file over as a jpeg.

Melks

I run Flexi 12 with my HP Print and Cut Solution. I have had a few hiccups in the past where a print would stop mid project and Felxi also shuts down after some prints and I have to re launch PM for the next job. I constantly try to ensure the firmware on the printer is up to date and any software updates for Flexi are up to date. Computer is set to never sleep. Haven't had an issue for a while, but there is nothing worse then running large print and have it shut down mid print :(. Adjusting Firewall restrictions sounds like a good idea, but I am no pc tech and not quite sure how I would approach this...