• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 12 + Print Cut Rotating

ikarasu

Well... Another stupid question I can't seem the find the answer to!

I usually print a job with 4-6 inches of space in the front so it doesn't cause a media jam. Once the job is done, I cut really close to the Cutter marks to save on material. Only a couple inches, so if it can't be done it's not the end of the world.

In Onyx / Cutting master I can rotate a job after it's done printing, so I can load the media backwards or sideways if need be. Is there a way to rotate after it's printed in Flexi? I just spent an hour going through every setting trying to find a way, and I couldn't figure it out. Ended up having to tape some scrap vinyl to the butt end so it didn't run out of vinyl when reading marks.

I know it seems cheap. a few inches of material is nothing. In the end, I don't mind wasting the Material, it's just something I've grown used to doing since we use Onyx at work, and it can rotate no problem.

It's a pain getting used to Flexi after using Onyx for years. I spend 20 minutes figuring out something that takes me seconds on Onyx... usually I can figure it out though, this one I'm calling quits on because it's 1 AM!

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
I do not know of a way to rotate your cut after RIP & Print in Flexi. However, you can always rotate the print & cut file in Flexi to your liking, send it RIP & Print and hold in list. This will generate a new cut file and not send it to Print. I usually immediately delete the print file so it doesn't confuse anyone of the production people that have access to Production Manager.

Hope this helps

bannertime

To save a step on Cam's suggestion. Go to the cut tab (in the Flexi pop-up) before sending the file. Select Cut Job Only from the drop down above the cut marks. Then you can send the cut file as many times as you like. Or send the print file as many times as you like.

I've casually looked for a way to rotate the print job, but never really found a way. One of my only complaints about the way PM handles print/cut jobs.

ikarasu

Hmm, I'll give that a try later! I like some ways Flexi handles Print/Cut better than Onyx, but there are some things I miss. It's probably just a matter of getting used to it over anything else. In Onyx You can do CutContour(Anything), I had CutContourPerf, and CutContourKiss setup in all of my files. Flexi was having issues seeing it.. It only read the path once I changed it to CutContour, and CutContour1. I could have been doing something wrong, I haven't had too much time to play with the PC options in flexi, so I may have missed a step I didn't miss after changing it.

I do like the true nesting though. I also like how it's all in 1 program, where as onyx I have to open up Cut server. Lots of small changes which cause headaches until you get used to them. Both software's have their ups and downs though, that's for sure!

Anyways, thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try when I get a chance. Worst case I waste a few inches of material.