• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 12 to gerber edge 2

I’m trying to Print spot colors using fLexi 12 to a Gerber edge 2. Right now, it is only printing process of colors. Are there any suggestions?

Jburns

Yes- you need to load the gerber foil pallets as a choice
Not sure if flexi has a source for them. But gspinc.com may have them since you don't have omega
For what it's worth- it's easier to run the edge 2 from omega

Joe House

For what it's worth- it's easier to run the edge 2 from omega
- Agreed.
Yes- you need to load the gerber foil pallets as a choice
upload_2018-2-26_17-45-49.png

spooledUP7

Technically you can use ANY spot color so long flexi sees it as a spot color.
Once you have substituted all your colors to spot using Select By Attributes/Fills & Strokes you need to make sure you have "Spot Color Mapping" enabled within the Production Manger Setup defaults as well as confirming the setting in the Rip and Print.
If you are not using the Gerber colors within your job then you may have to map the spot colors manually. To do this click on the button called "Map Colors" in the Rip and Print Advanced tab. Then select the color you need to map and use the drop down menu to select the color you want.
Then go to the Driver Options and make sure the Process Colors are not enabled.
Then arrange your colors in the order you want. Top colors print first.

Note: If any object fill properties has "Overprint" enabled then this object will print 100% its shape. This is how you layer colors for cool effects. It's also how you scrap a job if you are not paying attention.