Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Flexi 19 printing queue in random order

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Tyler322, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Tyler322

Tyler322 New Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Gold Coast
    Does anyone know why Flexi 19 seems to print the rip queue in a random order? I've come from ergosoft and have never had this problem, if I send multiple jobs to the print queue it seems to just print whatever order it likes. It would be great to have a solution to this. I've noticed that it's a fair bit slower than ergosoft. Is there anyway to speed up the ripping, or the program in general? e.g. ssd, more ram etc? I've got 16gb of ram and pretty decent cpu.

2. Joseph44708

Joseph44708 Member

Jan 16, 2020
    Florida
    I ran across this same problem a few weeks ago. I now make sure the design I send to print is finished loading, ripping and ready to print before I send the next design. It only takes a little bit of extra time to process all the designs for an order and by doing this I can send multiple designs to cut without looking at the them.

3. Tyler322

Tyler322 New Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Gold Coast
    Tried that, but it still seems to print the queue in a random way, just another bug that they won't fix.

4. Joseph44708

Joseph44708 Member

Jan 16, 2020
    Florida
    Check the Send Mode.
    Located in the middle of the Materisl setup page

5. chrisphilipps

chrisphilipps Merchant Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Wharton, NJ
    By default Production Manager would send them in order that they were done ripping. Say you send 3 files, file 1 was sent first, file 2 sent second, and file 3 sent third. If file 2 finished ripping first it would print first, followed by whatever finished ripping second.

SAi has just added a way to control this in version 19. If you click on the white arrow to the right of the printer's name in Production Manager and select Setup Properties you will get the below window. On this window you can now send files ordered by Name or when they were added to Production Manager.

how to get to setup properties.JPG Setup Properties.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. Joseph44708

Joseph44708 Member

Jan 16, 2020
    Florida
    I do remember that set up feature now.
    I hope this helps Tyler322.
    Thank you for sharing.

7. Tyler322

Tyler322 New Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Gold Coast
    Yes I think that did the trick, it wasn't working at first, then I saw another person saying that you have to restart the program every time you make a change, which is really annoying. I really appreciate everyone's help

8. Tyler322

Tyler322 New Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Gold Coast
    Well I thought it was working, but I've noticed that it's still randomly printing jobs. I think it's got to do with the HP properties option that allow continuous printing by rearranging jobs. If I uncheck that option then it won't print the jobs, it just rips them then doesn't print them.