• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 19 Production Manager Timeout

TopFliteGraphics

Updated little over a month ago to Flexi 19. Did not necessarily want to but when I was prompted for updates to 12 and I said yes, it automatically did it. It has been working fine for the past month and then yesterday it started to give me a "Connection to Production Manager Timeout. Try to connect again?" message when I went to cut some vinyl. Now it will not print or cut. After a frustrating afternoon yesterday, I rebooted my computer this morning and figured I would give it another shot. Same results. I uninstalled the entire program and then reinstalled it. Same results.

I need help and SAI's tech support is closed for the weekend. Anybody else encounter this before? How did you resolve it?

Thanks in advance, Gary

ProPDF

Updated little over a month ago to Flexi 19. Did not necessarily want to but when I was prompted for updates to 12 and I said yes, it automatically did it. It has been working fine for the past month and then yesterday it started to give me a "Connection to Production Manager Timeout. Try to connect again?" message when I went to cut some vinyl. Now it will not print or cut. After a frustrating afternoon yesterday, I rebooted my computer this morning and figured I would give it another shot. Same results. I uninstalled the entire program and then reinstalled it. Same results.

I need help and SAI's tech support is closed for the weekend. Anybody else encounter this before? How did you resolve it?

Thanks in advance, Gary

go back to version 12

FrankW

Flexi and the Production Manager are communicating through TCP/IP. If that fails, it could be because of a firewall setting (software updated?) or something similar which blocks that communication. In addition to checking the firewall and setting an exception to Flexi and PM (or App and App2), there is a simple workaround:

Go to Menu "Edit - Preferences". Point on the last tab "Tools", select the tab "Rip/Print" (if you have FlexiSIGN & PRINT) or "Cut/Plot" (any other version) and uncheck "Connect to local Production Manager using TCP/IP".

With this option, the queue preview in the "cut/plot"-window is not available, but any TCP/IP problem is "solved".

Old Timer

Had this happen last week. SAI does not support windows 10. suggested that we roll back the updates and this worked