• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi 7.5 question

sign painter

hi all, wondering if any one could tell me how to install a new plotter? flexi has the cx 300 driver but no gx 300. and i lost the cd from roland. is there a place i might find the driver? thanks for the help.:thankyou:

Steve Rife

The CD from Roland will not unlock the plotter in Production Manager. In looking at Flexi's ReadMe file, the GX-300, 400, and 500 plotters were released in Flexi 8.1v1. Plotter languages have not changed drastically the past 20+ years, so you should be able to run your machine using the CX models you found... however, you may lose some functionality like the automatic scan of the registration marks which will require a software upgrade.

sign painter

ok thank you steve. the reg mark issue wont be a problem for i will only use this software for regular cut vinyl. i also have signlab 8 that i use for my sp300v. i just wanted to use flexi for for cutting regular vinyl when my print cut machine is busy. i run it on a different computer. thanks again for the time and info.