Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flexi 7.5 setup problem

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by Stubbleness, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Stubbleness

Stubbleness New Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Hello,

I had Flexi 7.5 installed on my windows 2000 machine and was working fine. Since then my motherboard packed it in and I bought a new system with Windows Vista on it. The install went fine except that when I started production manager for the first time, the manufacturer and model popup was empty. (i.e. the window came up but didn't contain any options). Any ideas?

Tags:
  2. Baz

Baz Very Active Member

The OS your trying to install flexi 7.5 on is not supported by it. Either wait for a fix ... Buy a Vista compatible sign program or go to XP.

Starting to see allot of problem posts with people trying to install pre-vista software.

3. high impact

high impact Very Active Member

Don't walk...RUN from Vista currently - heard nothing but problems so far. Spend the cash and use xp pro.

4. anothersign

anothersign Member

May 28, 2006
    Illinois
    I agree

reformat and load xp pro vista is a piece. they spent how many millions to make sure it could no be hacked and it was already hacked before it hit shelves. they should have spent that money on more research. I only know of 30 programs that are vista compatable so far and they are norton 2007 and so on but no good programs will run on it yet.

5. mark-s

mark-s Active Member

May 11, 2005
    SoCal
    Windows Vista is NOT compatible with the software we use or the machines.
    Mark-s

6. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Vista and Flexi don't play nice.
    Why do you still have 7.5 when the 7.6v2 upgrade is free?

7. Stan B

Stan B Guest

Hi! Sorry for offtopic, but
    does it make any differenct for us "every day signmakers" to use XP home or XP Pro?

thanks!!!!!!!!!!