• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 7.6 Problems

wedosigns

I am running flexi pro 7.6 and have a roland sc500, roland cj 500, mimaki jv2 (converted), epson 9600, and an epson 4800 all connected to it.
I have an extra dual lpt port(s) installed. The rolands and mimaki all run off of the lpt ports. The epsons run off of the usb ports.
For the last week I have only been able to get the original lpt original with the computer to shake hands with the bigger printers, and the epsons screw up the bigger printers, so I have been running them direct from their drivers through corel or photoshop.

I had my new dual lpt card arrive today. I installed it and the problem is still there. So much for that idea! My computer sees lists the extra lpt ports and I have updated the drivers. I can select the ports in flexi, but nothing, ripping, holding printing, but nothing really prints. The printers do not move, no busy light, nothing.

I have swapped cords and all the bigger printers will run off of the lpt1 on their own cord, so they all still work and the cords are good.

It would seem I have something set up wrong for the extra lpt ports, or flexi 7.6 is now obsolete and will not send anything to those ports.

Any suggetions or help would be appeciated!
Bruce

CS-SignSupply

You might try to check your preferences in flexi to make sure you have "use standard lpt port" and "check state before sending"

What version of windows? What brand of lpt card?

totalimage

This will sound weird but it works...On the machines that are on usb that are not working switch them to a High Com # like com 6 or 8 if it shows. High com #'s will run usb.

AUTO-FX

Clear your preferences in Flexi and start over? I remember being told to do that quite a few times when ever I called for 7.6 support at Amiable. Do you have an old desktop printer with a serial port to use as a test device ? You could test the ports outside of Flexi that way.

Last edited:

wedosigns

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! To the signs 101 gods!
Cleared the preferences and all printers are now up and running!
Time to hear these old girls rattle back and forth all day.