• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 7.6 - Unrecov, now can't open

Jesse_gvi

Flexiiiiiii!!!!!!!:frustrated:

Yes, I saved often.

I added a gradient to a layout, then I tried to save again:"Unrecoverable system error. We recommend blah blah" --not really a recommendation, since it shuts down by itself, but anyway.

I think,"okay, I'll just have to work from my last save point." NOW I CAN'T OPEN IT!!! I can't import it into another file either. And of course nothing else opens .fs, so I can't try any other program. I did print out an early concept, so I may just scan and redraw.

Any ideas?

"Deposit Please"

You may want to call them up.

Attachments

• SAI.jpg
    SAI.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 73

VinylLabs.com

I called them up when I had like an error like this back in 200X. they told me "this answer will cost you 15$, do you accept?" I was like seriously?!?!

I accepted, and they said "click on start, all programs, flexisign, clear preferances. have a nice day!"

man i was so pissed!

Pat Whatley

Did you do a full shut down and restart on the computer? Sometimes it will fix the issue, sometimes renaming the file will help, typically though you just say "Thank you Flexi...may I have another?" and start all over.

Jesse_gvi

I shut down and restarted and I tried adding .fs to the end, because that sometimes resolves issues with other filetypes, but I'll change the name too. After I'm done cutting some things I'll try to clear preferences when I shut down again. I still see everything in the thumbnail, so I'm full of false hope.

Jesse_gvi

No luck. I even tried zipping it, emailing it to myself, letting the magical healing streams of the internets work it over, then unzipping and importing it -- still nothing.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
letting the magical healing streams of the internets work it over, then unzipping and importing it

wow... that's pretty desperate as it's chances of working were about as much as if you had started wailing your head with a hammer...

CS-SignSupply

Flexi 7.6 had a bug reported that did this very thing... I dont recall which build it was but I believe 7.6v2SP2 or SP3 resolved the issue.

Jesse_gvi

Haha! Flexi defeated! Thanks a bunch to Bobby Fosson from CiberSupply. He was able to open, resave & resend the file without a scratch on it.

:thankyou:

Now I can stop googling voodoo cures.

CS-SignSupply

Hey Rick !!!! Hope you are feeling better after the open heart surgery. Wish you the best.

All I did to resolve Jesse's issue was to import the file into Flexi 10 on my PC. I received the same error as he did on the first open. The difference was that I was prompted to save the file before the program exited on its own. I gave the file a new name and saved. Then I restarted Flexi 10, opened the new file that was in Flexi 10 format, exported the file as Flexi 7.5 format and emailed back to him.

My only idea is that Flexi 10 has better error handling when encountering such a problem. This file had several gradients involved and maybe that had something to do with it.

Now go Fish ! :)

SignaramaFL

I have had this happen to me recently as well, but mine happens about everyday if not more... to where my flexi will get testy and just shut down. But mine wont allow me to save a file before shutting down.... WHAT DO I DO!!! Im working with 7.6v2 on windows XP Pro :banghead:

Jesse_gvi

We upgraded to Flexi 10. It may be your computer is getting bogged down with a lot off points, effects, bitmaps, etc. Are you able to reopen the file? What kind of computer do you have?

SignaramaFL

Yes I can open the file again, if i had saved it before the crash. And I'm using an older custom made computer (from about 2004 if I had to guess)... I'm looking to upgrade it, I was hoping that wasn't the issue though :(