• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 7.6 v Vista

wtg

I know there's a thread or 2 on this subject already, but I am too out of it (broken ankle good painkillers) to find them...

Working PERFECTLY here:biggrin:...who ever would've thought!! Please just dont ask me how!!!

xSam (aka cpknut)

wtg

LOL!!! Got a right old assortment for the taking!

I'm guessing they're the reason I've gotten this damn thing up and running.

Is it just me or does Mr Gates and Co think we're just Totally stupid???? Still considering going back to XP....not too sure yet.

Looooooove this new 'puter though :thumb:

xSam

wtg

Heh heh heh ;) Gero is a small city on the midwest of the west coast of Australia.

Thanks for the smiles, apart from feeling sorry for myself (this injury is a week old) I am cutting 1000 decals for the local bikie gang - Extremely repetitious (sp) and they arent small.

Replicator - thanks for the welcome :) I have actually been a member here for the past 6 months or so, couldnt remember Any details to reset my password.

Yup...blonde to boot and off my nut - great combo eh?? LOL

wtg

I've had a couple of enquiries as to How I've managed the Vista/Flexi thing...

Sorry to those wondering but I have no secret!!!

This computer is brand new, I have Vista Home Premium on it.

I loaded Flexi before anything else, I hadnt even gotten the windows updates for it at the time.

I'll admit it has frozen twice on me, but those were on the first day, and since getting all the windows updates, loading all my fonts and the rest of it - no problems whatsoever.

Maybe it likes a clean slate? That is about the only explaination I can offer.

xSam

Si Allen

wtg...ya have my sympathy.

Need a few Vidocins?

That's what I'm taking until Monday when I get my left hip replacement!

wtg

Melody of drugs...I vaguely recall hubby saying something about it last night as I drifted off to sleep...

Pain or not...I think I actually Need them doing these damn decals!!!

Good luck on Monday, here's to everything going Perfectly!

gpzjack

I'm running lxi8 on vista...I had flexi basic and it worked with no problems. When i went to lxi8 it wouldn't run at first...then i fiddled with some setting and now its fine

iSign

Is it just me or does Mr Gates and Co think we're just Totally stupid???? Still considering going back to XP....not too sure yet.

Looooooove this new 'puter though :thumb:

just to warn you, if it's a new computer, you probably can't go back to XP!

I already wasted an entire Saturday finding that out. Got the OS up and running, but gremlins in sound, video, CD & USB...and every other componant that required drivers... hour on the phone with tech... come to find there are no XP drivers fpor all the new componants in my laptop. Had to spend Saturday night conning costco into doing an exchange for another laptop cause mine was screwed, and then I got to start all over loading the 8 programs I'd already loaded on the old one, getting email & ftp accounts all loaded up with settings addys and passwords....

Then again, maybe you are one of the lucky ones with a new system that came with what they call the XP downgrade CD... in that case, I agree with Flamey... ditch Vista! (I'm fine with Vista on my laptop, like Air Art Girl said.. when not running sign equipment it's not so bad, but I wouldn't try to get equipment working on Vista just yet.)

wtg

Thanks for the heads up! I've got the full version of XP from whatever/whenever LOL but I never thought about the drivers for whatever is on here.

I made a call to LG who have assured me that if I have a full version of XP and am not happy with Vista I am safely able to put it on - this computer I got came with either XP or Vista, therefore all the goodies on it - they have drivers for both :))

I actually branched out a bit buying this one - we've had Dells for as long as I can remember, but I wanted to try something different.

Typed laptop into google and LG was one of the first that came up. I have a heap of LG appliances at home and thought bugger it - give them a go.

I was Very pleasantly surprised when I pulled the laptop from it's box, opened the lid - lo and behold - IT HAS A NUMERIC KEYPAD LIKE A NORMAL KEYBOARD!!!
Excuse my excitment - but that alone - the ducks nuts to me!!! LOL

xSam