Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flexi 8.1 can't find Cutter Port

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by NeilinBirmingham, Aug 15, 2016.

1. NeilinBirmingham

NeilinBirmingham New Member

Aug 15, 2016
    I bought a Graphtec F2100-60A back in 1994 or 95 and it has never failed me but the problem was the Flexi software I had would not work with anything past Window's 98 so I wanted a newer version. I am not computer savy so I'm sure that my problem is my ignorance so let's get that out of the way in the beginning. I just got a new in the box Flexi8.1 software and it is installed along with Production Manager. All is great till I get to the SEND button and then I get a message popup saying that the port can't be found. I have tried everything I know...which is not very much....and I am desperate....anyone know what I need to do.
    This is my first post on this site.

2. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    one thing you can try...

After adding your plotter in Production manager ( after sending to Cutter) Right click your plotter in the Production manager- click Setup Properties - click the plug and check your COM port settings. write down, and make sure they match the COM (serial) port settings on your computer.

Then check the Cut Plot Window ( the first window you see) that it is set for Send Now. If Hold in List- then open production manager, and send from there.