• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 8.1 cant import custom icm profile

CRD

For Flexi 8.1V1 I made a custom icm profile with a profile program.
I follow this to import the file:
Open Default Job Properties for the device under the Setup menu
Go to the third tab - Color Management tab
In the list for "Output profile", choose "Add..."
Browse for the ICC File, highlight and click the "Open" button

As soon as choose the custom .icm file and I click the Open button the OLD icc file is still there.
If I choose an other file icm or icc it is accepted.
What do I wrong?

Thanks,

Paco

For Flexi 8.1V1 I made a custom icm profile with a profile program.
I follow this to import the file:
Open Default Job Properties for the device under the Setup menu
Go to the third tab - Color Management tab
In the list for "Output profile", choose "Add..."
Browse for the ICC File, highlight and click the "Open" button

As soon as choose the custom .icm file and I click the Open button the OLD icc file is still there.
If I choose an other file icm or icc it is accepted.
What do I wrong?

Thanks,

Paco

Hard to say with any degree of certainty. One possibility is that you created an ICC v4 profile, and Flexi 8 probably would not accept that version of ICC/ ICM profile, as v4 came along after Flexi 8. v4 is still being adapted by some applications. For example, Versaworks cannot accept v4 profiles, unless that has very recently changed. For more information on ICC and specifications, go to:
www.color.org

Other possible options might be that the ICM file is corrupted, or is for a different type of device (i.e. a scanner profile cannot be attached to a printer).

CRD

Thanks for the reply.
I use this set with a colorimeter to make PRINTER profiles.
http://spyder.datacolor.com/product-pp-spyderstudio.php
Do not how what icc or icm version it produces.
As far as I know or have seen there is no way to save in a specific type of ICC file in the DATA PRO program.
Could be wrong as new bie.

If I profile for the ONYX 6.5 RIP with the same setup the file is working in that rip.

Paco

Last edited:

CRD

Cant find any information about a version number that is integrated in a icc. or icm profile.
So how do find out it is the profile that does not work?

Am I missing something.

Anyone willing to see if the icm files I created will work in a later version of flexi 8.5 or 10 just to make sure I am not doing something wrong but it is the 8.1 version limitation.

I cant attacht the ICM file as it is an not supported file extension.
So I can mail you if your are willing to test if you can import it in your flexi version.

Paco