• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 8.1 + Summa DC4Sx - printing onto clear with underbase..

CarNate69

I have a new summa dc4sx and I cannot get it to do what I want it to do in Flexi 8.1v1.

I am printing onto clear and want to underbase the color with another color. I have been using the "duotone" option in flexi and have also tried the underbase option briefly. Flexi is telling the printer to print these in opposites. To print yellow under white, it comes out white over yellow, this isn't correct. The colors are also wacky in some instances and are very unpredictable.

I've called summa, but haven't gotten a straight answer yet. Can anyone post up how they setup their vector files (and rip and print), with an underbase of white or another spot color, with another spot color on top?

I'm a roland guy, so this is all new to me, but printing onto clear will sure be nice once this kink is worked out :).