• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

flexi 8.5 contour cutting ????

conley

i just updated from 7.5 to 8.5 i use a graphtec fc 5100 and mutoh printer, my cutter now cannot find the reg marks when it goes to cut a job it worked fine a couple days ago before i upgraded any ideas

OneUpTenn

I dont know the answer to your question and I haven't had that particular problem but I will say that every since I upgraded to 8.5 I HATE IT!!! I have had nothing but problems. Stupid little ones that tick you off.

If it keeps up, the new disc goes straight to the shredder and uninstall here we go.

Anyway I am anxious to see the responses to your question.

Sign to Go

Make sure you choose right type of registration marks (Graphtec type 2 automatic I think for the 5100) in PM

I'm sure you tried the origion in a different area, like possibly just outside the mark.

Jim

conley

yea it picks up the first mark fine but when it goes down the sheet for the second mark it goes to far and the sheet flies off the machine ? any ideas

Davidson Signs

I had the same problem with a Roland and the reg marks. Drove me crazy.

I uninstalled and went back to 7 since that's what we originally had

OneUpTenn

Try an uninstall then a reinstall. I also had to do that right after I got 8.5 because none of the profiles were there. Went to the Flexi website, someone said to do this and sure enough it worked.

Sparky

yea it picks up the first mark fine but when it goes down the sheet for the second mark it goes to far and the sheet flies off the machine ? any ideas

You have too many feet down. Pretty much same setup and I ran into the same deal - I was using 3 feet and the machine only wanted two. Burned through a bit of vinyl to learn that....

Matthew Scher

I am not sure about the Graphtec issue, but for Roland GX cutters we changed how contour cutting works. No longer do you need to set the cutter to Rotate 90 mode like you did in 8.1 and earlier.

So if you do have a GX cutter, set it to Rotate 0 (factory default) and try cutting.

The change was made in order to allow larger jobs to be cut. Prior to this release, the biggest job you could cut would be based on the width of the printer (seems odd, but because of the rotate 90 thing, we had to load the material into the cutter sideways, which limited the length).

As for the Graphtec issue, we have this model in the office so I would recommend emailing eSupport details of the issue (along with a file if possible) and we can try it in house.

mameighan

Contour Cutting and registration Marks

Any one know of a way to print from Flexi to just a desktop printer (okidata 5500) and still have the registration makes print.

I would love to be able to contour cut my output for the purpose of Tshirt transfers.

Can you set up a desktop printer as a JOB SETUP in production manager?

Ant advice is appreciated