• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FLEXI 8.5 DVD installer virus?

longbeachmichael

anyone have the original flexisign pro 8.5 install DVD? I would like someone to scan a file in the install folder called start.exe. i went to install on win7 and AVG detected a threat. it said it was win32/small. i uploaded the file to virustotal and got several different detections including CIH virus. i just want to know if something weird is going on here, or what. it is the original purchased dvd from signwarehouse. the file is called start.exe and shows file size in explorer as 9kb. i submitted the file to AVG thinking it was a false positive. they responded immediately saying the file was definitely infected, they even sent an uninfected copy of the file. anybody?

Steph_Stamm

Hey LBM,

I'm not sure what's going on with your disk but I PM'ed you a link to download Flexi 8.6v2. Let me know if that works or if you need anything else.

Steph

longbeachmichael

Steph, i appreciate that. i already have the 8.6v2 upgrade, i really just needed the color profiler installer from the original DVD. i also wanted to know if i was the only one with the problem. i was thinking maybe it was windows 7 or something, but AVG, Avira, bitdefender, f-secure, all flagged the file. do you think you could give me a crc or md5 on the file? i really don't need it, i am just trying to figure out whats going on. i get no response from sai or signwarehouse about this.

Steph_Stamm

Hey LBM, glad it helped! The Color Profiler installs automatically with v8.5. I haven't heard of that problem before. It might have been a bad disk or something.

longbeachmichael

stealth ryder, i knew you would show up. just for kicks though, and peace of mind, can you try scanning the file with virus total, so at least you'll know im not crazy. AVG support swears the file is infected, they even sent me a disinfected version. its not like i need the file, just the principal of it. can someone scan it with AVG ,bitdefender, Avira, or f-secure and see im not trippin. thanks.

trik

LBM, just scanned my dvd with AVG and no threat detected.

Curious how AVG sent you back the file clean? How did they know what to leave in the file to make it work for Flexi? Maybe it wasn't a complicated file? Just curious on that one.

Good luck!