• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 8.5 Importing logo's

Hello everyone. I just bought a Procut CR630 with Flexistarter 8.5. software. Got it up and running ok and cutting fine. My question is

How do I get a logo to cut? lets say the logo is a .jpg. I can get it into the program but it only outlines the entire picture. the square shape of it. Does the .jpg need to be converted into a diffrent kind of picture? if so how? Or is there a trick im missing..

My goal is to beable to take a logo and beable to cut it out.

Thank you inadvance :Cool 2:

Joe
SHW2

PMG

Not sure what Flexi starter can do,,but you need to vectorize it by hand tracing within the program or auto trace it and clean it up by doing some node editing to get clean lines.....you should do research before buying a set up,so you know what it can do............................or you can always send the art work to the Doctor ........ http://www.vectordoctor.com/

Bradster941

You should have no problem doing this.

Simply converted it to whats called a vector. Separate your colors, ( If more then one color). Send the job to the plotter.
In production manager, (if more than one color), on the third tab, select "Pause between colors".
Oh, don't forget to add registrations marks if more than one color or you may find it more difficult.
It's so simple a monkey can do it.

coyote

Depends on what version of Flexi you have....my Flexi sign only works with black and whiteimages---you might have to go into Corel or Illy to separate colors, then change to grey scale, then vectorize....check your literature or the Flexi site to find out what Flexi Starter will do---they don't all have the same capabilities....that's more $$$.
Carol

I have flexi 8.5 . Thank you for the info. I also use corel and photoshop but very new to cutting and setting up the things to cut.
so far so good. thanks to a great forum like this with a great people.

joe

Bradster941

Hello everyone. I just bought a Procut CR630 with Flexistarter 8.5. software.

:Oops: Didn't see that.

To do what you want to do in Flexi you'll need to upgrade the software from the started version. Shouldn't run you more than $1K or so but thats nothing with how much you saved buying a ProCut instead of one of those high priced Rolands / Graphtecs, etc...

Also, I forgot to mention earlier.
This is a great website and one of the Key Features is the "Search Engine". It is located toward the top of every page.
You might want to try it before posting your questions as this, as well as most any question you can think of, has already been discussed 100's of times before.:rolleyes:

:Welcome: to :signs101:.................................................

Thanks Bradster :U Rock: I think I will upgrade. Takes to much time tracking down fonts that look close and what not. I tried looking the topic up , fbut thanks again for the info

Joe