• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 8.5 Issue

Tiogy

I just solved a problem with Flexi Production Manager and thought it might be of help to some others.

I was getting thin lines through my digital prints that ran parallel with the carriage travel. Initially, it appeared to be all printer related but, after many hours of troubleshooting the issue was resolved with a couple clicks of the mouse in production manager.

The lines showed up in every print job sent except the native print quality test built into the printer - that eliminated the suspected print head problem. I then ran test prints from an alternate PC running Flexi 8.5 and got a clean test print. Eventually, I discovered the issue could be resolved by changing the ICC profile in Production Manager. Once I tested using an alternate profile, I was able to reset to the original profile and the issue was gone.

I have also seen this little trick fix color matching issues after working with older job files that seemed to cause color shift issues.

PMG

Glad ya got it going again..........I try not to alter the profiles that came with flexi 8.5 as they will not work after you alter them and to get them to work again i haft to delete that profile and install the same profile,example......Mutoh all in One,,if you change the ink output levels and save it,the profile will no longer work and in PM it will change to the 3m profile and when i go to add the all in one profile,,it thinks its the 3m profile,to get the all in one to work again,i then need to delete the altered all in one and install the stock profile.

Tiogy

The issue continues to resurface every once in a while and I'm not sure what triggers it. I don't typically alter the profiles at all and it seems like the more changes you make - the more color issues you have at some point. I had a problem keeping the profiles working in previous versions too but, this issue is even more problematic.

What is the Mutoh "All in one"?

Last edited:

Tiogy

New Info

I am still having issues here but, I have done a lot of testing and have sent detailed information (Beta Test Style) to SAi for the engineers to play with.

The primary trigger that is causing the issue is the use of "Microdot" in the printer driver options. If I have that feature unchecked, the lines are no longer an issue but, that also leads to some other color issues as well as gradient issues.

I tested on two different PC's and tried multiple data transfer systems to be sure that it was the software causing the problem.

Does anyone know how the "Microdot" feature affects the data sent to the printer? Is it purely a function of software or is there translating going on within the printer processing sytem?