• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 8.5 Issues While Printing The Same Print

JSNGraphics

Recently while printing three vehicles I had trouble with the panels printing the same exact colors. Each time the green would be completely different and not match up with the previous print even though all I did was hit the "print" button after each print was complete. I hope that make sense.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make sure each print turns out the same? Do you need me to provide additional information?

I have been involved in the signage industry for close to ten years and never had this problem before I started at this company. Is this just a flexi issue? Should I ask the owner to try different software? Or is there something I am missing?

PS - My printer is the Mimaki JV3-160SP.

Thanks,
JSNGraphics.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Unless you or someone has changed something in Flexi then the issue is not Flexi. There are a multitude of things you or someone else can change though in the main Flexi interface or on the Rip and Print screens or on Production Manager that can alter colors. Same with any RIP software. Does you printer have a perfect test print? Is the printer in a controlled environment? If the humidity or the room temperature varies much, that will change color and print quality. Humidity changes can really mess with things.

I'd also recommend upgrading Flexi to 8.6v2. That is no cost from version 8.5 and 8.6v2 (the final 8.x version) is in my opinion just about the most solid and stable release of Flexi ever although we have ourselves now upgraded onto their newest version.

Another thing to consider - nearly all wide format printers have some slight variation from one side to the other. This is why Flexi and most other RIP software has a function that automatically flips each panel on a multiple-panel job so the 2 adjoining edges of the panel come from the same side of the printer. If you are manually creating panels then you would have to manually invert every other one.

JSNGraphics

I just reinstalled it. The hardware is in a humidity controlled, air conditioned, environment. As for flexi 8.6, how do I go about downloading that? I looked on their website, and couldn't find anything.

Thanks for your input.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
You might have to email SAi support to get the updates but 8.5 to 8.6v2 is free. Not sure but it might also give it to you under the check for software updates function on the help menu or a Flexi dealer can also probably get you the files. Fellers has a PDF document on the update you can read but the download for the files no longer works....

www.fellers.com/pdfs/Updating_FlexiSIGN8.5_PhotoPRINT6.pdf

Also - the update to 8.6 is a totally new install but your password/key for 8.5 will work fine for 8.6. But you will need the main big install plus 2 update files.