• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 8.5 MAC & Mutoh 1614 Compatability

Printree

I have had lots of issues with Flexi Pro 8.6.2 (Production Mgr) crashing while printing to my Mutoh 1614, and am considering switching to Flexi 8.5 for Mac.

Anyone had any problems/experiences/successes with Flexi Pro 8.5 for Mac (Snow Leapord)?... especially when used with a Mutoh 1614 or Mutoh Ultima SC-1400D?

All input is appreciated.

Steve Rife

Mutoh will be the only ones who can truly answer if both your printer and cutter can be connected to 10.6 Mac. Even if Flexi has the drivers within its 8.5 software program, it utilizes the manufacturers communication drivers especially if they are USB.

randya

There are no supported USB drivers for ValueJets, so this would all be through TCP/IP connections.

There are no specific Mac USB drivers for the cutter.

So my feeling is that you can print but you won't be able to connect the cutter.

If memory serves me correctly, we have carried the Photo Print SE version only, for Macs, and this is a print only package.

Last edited:

cgsigns_jamie

Have SAi send you a Mac demo... if they still do that. Then you can be sure it'll work for you.

I run Flexi 8.5 on Snow Leopard but I connect to Production Manager on a Windows XP machine (via our network) for all my output.

Printree

My issue is that Flexi Production Manager, running on Windows XP, frequently crashes when printing to my Mutoh 1614, which is connected TCP/IP via our network. It doesn't seem to matter what file type I'm printing...pdf, .eps, .tif, .jpg, etc.

I have communicated with SAi and Mutoh many, many times over the past two years to resolve the issue...it's still not resolved.

Someone at Mutoh recently suggested that maybe other network activity might be causing an interruption in the data stream to the printer. I removed the pc from the network and re-connected the Mutoh with a crossover cable. It works ok, but still crashes Production Manager.

So, I hoped that maybe moving to a Mac platform might be a solution.

Is there no one out there running Flexi (Production Manager) on a Mac and printing to a Mutoh 1614?