• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 8.6 color swatches

Pinfinity

Can anyone help with a way of printing out actual color swatches from flexi's color palette to a Mutoh's printer I want to produce the colors how they actually look printed instead of monitor interpretation.
Or is there an easy way to calibrate my monitor to flexi to digital printer?
Thanks

Drip Dry

to take it a step further...
The chart is very useful but, once you have the chart printed, how are you going to get the color value into the actual design. You can use the eyedropper tool or manually enter the values through the advanced tab of the fill-stroke editor.
BUT, you have to look at the chart... get the right value.. and enter it.
I used to import the chart into every design and eyedropper the color to the object. Seemed to be the hard way.

It seemed to me that most colors I needed were the vinyl colors that I always used. So, I made a new swatch palette with just those colors. It took a little trial and error to get it just right, but now I just need pick the color from the swatch palette. I don't show customers the chart anymore, I show them my vinyl colors on the wall.

It's been a long time since I did it, but I think it's called a new table. You can access it from the View > Color> new table.... I think

Pinfinity

Thanx Stealth and JT.
I just printed out the cmyk chart on my printer...the chart is useful but I think I need to make a new color chart in flexi like you say JT. What is your way of doing this...for instance let's say you have cardinal red vinyl. Well do you mix the color in flexi and print out a sample untill it is close to the actual, then add it to your new palette? Seems very time consuming... forgive me if I'm missing something.

Drip Dry

I would use the Cardinal red vinyl to match a value on the chart. Print out a larger sample ( 4 or 5" square) with that value and then match that to your cardinal red.
Make sure it's dry when comparing it. When your happy with the result, add it to the new swatch.

It is somewhat time consuming but once it's done.. it's done.

Remember, the colors you see on the screen likely won't match the colors you print so you need to make sure the name of the swatch color is named correctly

Stealth Ryder

Use profiles for the medias you use, build profiles for the media you use, just don't make it more complicated than it really is... It really is that easy!!!