• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 8.6 - Roland SP300 vs SC545 colors don't print the same

allicatgraphics

I am hoping someone can help me with this because I am quite frustrated. I have Flexi 8.6 and have been using a Roland SP-300 for past 10 years. Everything I print the colors come out perfect. I just started printing with a Roland SC-545 EX and all of the prints are coming out much darker then the do with the SP. I have the printer installed and I'm using the GCVP color profile. I switched between using the Eco Sol 6 color and the Eco Sol CMYK in the setup. The std CMYK made the print a little more crisp but they are still darker then the originals. Any suggestions on what adjustments I can make? Thanks!

WalkerP

Getting the exact same results on 2 different printer models is going to be next to impossible. You can get very close, but different printers are going to be like Tvs at Walmart. None side by side will look identical. You can, or have someone, reprofile both using the exact set ups you have and that will be the closest you can hope for. The canned profiles provided are good, but custom is always the way to go.